The centre's newly acquired Leica TCS SP8 confocal has been designed with optimal photon efficiency and high speed. This system has 4 detectors (2 GaAsP and 2 PMT) and a motorized xyz-stage.
Objectives: 10x 0.4, 20x 0.75, 40x 1.3 (oil), 63x 1.4 (oil)
7 laser lines (405, 458, 488, 496, 514, 561, and 633)
- 2 chilled PMT fluorescence detectors (digital spectral definition in 1 nm increments) plus one transmitted light detector, 8- or 12-bit output, 16-bit possible in galvo mode.
- 2 high sensitivity, low read noise hybrid GaAsP detector HyD with photon counting mode.
- Optional resonant scanner for fast imaging
- xy scanning stage for tiling and multi-point sampling.
- z-Galvo stage for precision Z-sectioning.
- Inverted platform for imaging on slides or live cell dishes.
- AOBS (acousto-optical beam splitter) plus sequential scanning capability allows for rapid sequential scanning of fluorophores with minimal bleed-through or cross-talk.